Narrative Magazine, a revolutionary digital platform for literature and 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with offices in San Francisco, is looking for a tech savvy, detail-oriented, personable individual to serve as an on-site Content Coordinator.
Narrative Magazine is the premier digital publisher of first-rank fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Now in our 10th year, with 170,000 dedicated subscribers, Narrative is often referred to as the PBS for literature, publishing over 300 writers each year. The magazine pioneered a unique publishing model, combining the values and standards of excellence in literature with the ethos and sensibility of a start-up. More information can be found at NarrativeMagazine.com.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
Content Coordination: Formatting of content on the site (HTML) & coordinating with others to keep content workflow moving accurately and on schedule. Make proofing corrections as needed.
Banner Management: Placement and handling of all signs, banners, and ad images in the site (design chops a plus!).
Newsletter creation: Coding the weekly and other special newsletters to go on the site utilizing newsletter items provided by the writing team (often with Adobe Dreamweaver & tables HTML), collaborate to make copyediting & proofing corrections, and suggest/implement good practices in layout, design, and marketing aspects of the emails.
Graphics work: Create various signs, ads and other needed images. (often with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop). This involves interfacing with various in-house departments and with ad clients.
- Handling negotiation letters of agreement with authors, agents, and publishers (training will be provided). Acquiring author photos and bio information to distribute to staff as needed.
- Responsible for unsubscribe requests and overall management of keeping our email marketing lists up to date and organized.
- Bulk mail management
- Assisting with user support requests
- Collecting & summarizing quarterly financial data on book, magazine, and product sales
- Managing sales accounts with Amazon, Kindle, Apple, etc.
- Back-up files
Additional responsibilities preferred:
- Advertising sales opportunity: Pitching sales to potential new advertisers and working with existing advertisers. Create & email monthly ad circular. Continue to develop our list of advertisers.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML & can easily learn programming languages and software.
- Natural inclination to be meticulous, organized, driven towards excellence.
- Basic to intermediate experience with Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign.
- Good writing skills and grammar
- Enthusiastic about Narrative’s mission & energized by connecting with others
- Has comfort level with negotiating & handling business matters
- Resourceful, driven, independent
- Graphic design interest/experience preferred
Send a cover letter & resume to email@example.com.