Do you have a research paper or project that you are particularly proud of? Would you like to see it published in an academic journal?
Creating Knowledge: The LAS Journal of Undergraduate Scholarship is accepting submissions for the 2014 volume. Having a research project published in Creating Knowledge represents an impressive academic achievement and would look good on a resume!
Looking to build upon last year’s successful student publication, WRD faculty encourage WRD majors and minors to submit research projects from the current academic year 2013-2014. All submissions should follow the LAS guidelines (see below) and should be emailed to Jason Kalin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 6, 2014. The WRD Committee for CK will read the submissions and select one to represent WRD in the journal. The committee may ask the student to revise his or her paper before the final submission to the journal editor on June 30, 2014.
Any questions about the process may be emailed to Jason Kalin (email@example.com).
LAS Submission Guidelines
- The paper must be in Word (.docx) format.
- The paper must be double-spaced.
- There is a maximum word limit of 5000. This limit includes the main text, notes, and any supplementary material (bibliography, appendices, captions, etc.).
- All graphs or images should be submitted separately from the Word file and at high resolution (at least 300 dpi+). The locations of these images are to be clearly marked within the text.
- While there is not set citation system for the entire journal, all submissions must follow a consistent method of citation.