Wagstaff Worldwide is soliciting applications from WRD students for a winter internship position in their editorial department. Wagstaff is a public relations and marketing firm that specializes in the hospitality industry.
Two WRD students have previously interned at Wagstaff, and they each had a great experience there. You can read more about WRD alum Russell Wojck’s Wagstaff internship here.
Here’s the position description:
Unique creative writing opportunity with a PR firm! Think of it as food and travel writing, profile/biography writing, and in-depth reporting all wrapped up into one position. Intern will acquire hands-on editorial and writing experience in a public relations setting.
Objectives / learning topics include:
- Drafting and editing press kit materials (expanded fact sheets, bios)
- Conducting research and participating in interviews with clients
- Working independently and meeting deadlines
- Working closely with the company editor, including participating in weekly meetings
- Maintaining a calendar of editorial opportunities and other resources
- Providing support for PR special events (optional)
- Providing general support to administrative and editorial staff
This internship runs for 12 weeks. Interns are in the office part-time, no less than 20 hours per week and no more than 40 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship, but we are happy to work with interns to fulfill requirements for college internship credit.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to the Internship Coordinator (Dana Dunham at) email@example.com. I will forward them to our contact at Wagstaff. If you would like to learn more about the position, I can also put you in touch with the WRD students who have previously interned at Wagstaff.