Property management company and leasing agent Mac Properties in Hyde Park has a summer opening for a new media intern and invites interested NMS or WRD students to apply. The intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of digital marketing activities, from blogging to video production.
The internship also offers the opportunity to work closely with NMS alum Jessica Simmons, Mac’s SEO Specialist and Marketing Director. Jessica graduated from the NMS program in 2013. She manages SEM, SEO, and website content for nine websites at Mac Properties, and supervised the recent technical and design overhaul of its main website from ideation to public launch.
This internship pays $12 per hour. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have samples of your work (writing, videos, etc.) that you would like to share, you can include them with your resume.
See below for the full internship description, or click here to download.
Position: Summer Intern
Direct Reporting: SEO Specialist and Marketing Director
Assist our SEO Specialist and Marketing Director in making additions/updates to our Mac Apartments website, creating YouTube interviews, and blogging.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research and identify common resident issues by analyzing and reviewing archived maintenance requests & Satisfacts surveys.
- Develop content for Mac’s resident portal, an internal knowledge base for residents to search for answers to their most common questions.
- Conduct on-camera interviews of maintenance & customer service departments for YouTube channel & knowledge base.
- Research and develop content for our Kansas City and Chicago blogs.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Qualifications, Experience, and Education:
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program with major in writing, communication, new media, or related field.
- Previous experience updating websites, blogging, and creating YouTube videos.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.