Creating Knowledge: The LAS Journal of Undergraduate Scholarship
Looking to build upon the previous three years of successful student publication, the WRD Committee for CK encourages faculty to identify strong papers and projects for submission. We are seeking submissions from WRD majors and minors in upper-level courses from the current academic year 2015–2016 (scholarship from SQ 2015 is acceptable).
All submissions should follow the LAS guidelines (see below) and should be emailed to Jason Kalin, the WRD Committee for CK (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, June 3, 2016.
The committee will read the submissions and choose one for publication. The committee may ask for revisions before the final submission to the CK editor by June 30, 2016. Any questions about the process may be directed to Jason Kalin.
June 3: Submission deadline to WRD Committee
June 8: Committee will notify student author of decision and need of revisions
June 15: Student submits revised version to Committee
June 17: Committee reviews revision and notifies student of any further revisions
June 24: Student submits revised version to Committee
June 27: Committee reviews revision and notifies student for final approval
June 30: Committee submits final version to Creating Knowledge (2016, volume 9)
More information about the journal can be found here: http://las.depaul.edu/research/undergraduate/Pages/publications.aspx
LAS Submission Guidelines
- All contributions must be in Word (.docx) format.
- The paper should be double-spaced.
- There is a maximum word limit of 5000. This limit includes the main text, notes, and any supplementary material (bibliography, appendices, captions, etc.).
- All graphs or images should be submitted separately from the Word file and at high resolution (at least 300 dpi+). The locations of these images are to be clearly marked within the text.
- While there is not set citation system for the entire journal, all submissions must follow a consistent method of citation.