Creating Knowledge Journal Submission
Creating Knowledge: The LAS Journal of Undergraduate Scholarship (CK) is currently accepting submissions for Volume VI. WRD majors and Professional Writing minors are invited to submit a paper or project for consideration.
If you’re interested in having your work considered, please follow the two step process outlined below.
Step 1 – Complete the submission form. Deadline: May 17, 2013.
You are required to submit a proposal as part of the submission form. Your proposal should include the following information:
- Course number and title
- Academic quarter the course was taken
- Paper’s title
Additionally, the proposal should include a summary of the paper. The summary should provide the main argument, including thesis statement and supporting research. The summary should attempt to address the following questions: What is your topic or research question? How do you study or analyze this topic or question? And what is your primary conclusion?
Step 2 – Email your document to Professor Jason Kalin at jkalin[at]depaul.edu. Deadline: June 14, 2013.
Your document must meet the LAS Submission Guidelines.
LAS Submission Guidelines
- Word file (.doc or .docx)
- No more than 15 pages, not counting the bibliography
- MLA citation style
- Location of all graphs, images, or figures is clearly indicated
- All graphs, images, and figures with a high resolution (300+ dpi) should be submitted as separate files
Include a separate page with the following information:
- Name and email address of the author(s) and editor(s)
- Instructor/sponsor for whom the paper was prepared
Questions? Contact Professor Jason Kalin at jkalin[at]depaul.edu.